Saturday, March 22, 2008

Easter in Spain - Part One

Easter in Barcelona - when booking the flights I realised that it was very expensive to fly from Amsterdam directly to Barcelona, so made the choice to fly from Brussels (because it saved over 100 euro and then I could fly back on the same flight as Milli and Bex too).


Driving to Brussels is usually a 2 hour drive (2.06 if you ask GPS Bonnie). However.... driving to Brussels on a Thursday afternoon at about 4pm, when its pouring with rain and horrible weather - NOT a 2 hour drive anymore! I left at 4 for a 9pm flight - check in closed at 8.25pm, so I thought I had AGES. I didn't stop the whole time (except for petrol once and a bathroom stop once or twice) and yet it took me over FOUR hours to get there!


I was THE last person to check in for my flight, and I went straight from check in, through security to the boarding gate. Where the flight was delayed. But there was no food. I had maltesers for dinner. Mmm, nutricious.


After arriving in Barcelona (and waiting what seemed like forever for baggage to arrive) I got a hot baguette and met Amanda.


We got to the hostel at 1am and had to fight with the front desk for about an hour before finally going to bed. The idiots wanted us to pay the full 900 euros for the whole stay of all of our group, even though most of them weren't arriving until the next day! Ugh, morons.

No comments: