Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter in Spain - Part Three (Easter Sunday and Monday)

EASTER SUNDAY





Sunday was Day Two of our hop-on/hop-off tour. It was a gorgeous day so good for some blue sky shots. We saw the palace (including these columns at the bottom of the street that leads to the palace:






The road on the way to the palace -





And here's the palace itself -




It was pretty nice (from outside). We sat in the sun and I visited the most disgusting public toilets I've ever seen in my life - quite an experience!

Then we went up this gondola on the hill to a castle - the views over the city were gorgeous.



In the afternoon, the others went to a soccer game and I wandered around the markets buying gifts and looking at the artwork. I loved being immersed in the Spanish (and Catalan) and would love to go back!

EASTER MONDAY

Monday was for more shopping - lots of things were closed but I found this excellent little art/souvenir store. I wanted to buy so many things but there was the small issue of the fact that my suitcase was already packed full to the brim!

No comments: